Monday, 11 August 2025

Super Bock Adventures

Jags 108-10 (Mailes 28*, Purton 25*, Cooper 20) lost to IPH 124-10 (Baker 3-15, Holmes 2-14) by 16 runs

Man of the Match - Purton

I wasn't at this game so cannot offer any observations that are anything other than hearsay. I was sunning myself in Portugal drinking a lovely holiday beer called Super Bock. It's the sort of beer that tastes wonderful in Portugal, perfect for a pool or a beach, light, continental, just a hint of flavour but not too much. Cooling and refreshing. It's the sort of beer that needs to be drunk on holiday, because for some reason when you drink it at home, it just doesn't taste as good for reasons unknown.


Only to be consumed in Portugal

There was a lot of chatter on the what's app group, so in lieu of a match report I thought I would extract some of the more interesting bits and try and put them here as a record of sorts.

We lost the toss and IPH went in to bat. Brett, Cooper, Naseri and Holmes got wickets as did Nate Clark.

Baker got 3 bowled and at one point, I am assuredly told, bowled like Jimmy Anderson and completely removed off stump. I feel I really missed out on something here.

Amardin hooping and controlling the ball like a pro. He also almost got timed out from going in to bat as he was in his pads in the changing room on TikTok.

The pitch was very tough, probably spongey and given it is the last day it was being used, I'm guessing the groundsman just doesn't care at this point.

Mailes, Purton and Cooper got runs. 

I'm told the final ball of the whole game involved a controversial 2 bounce stumped/run out appeal from the opposition that resulted in them being asked to Google the Laws of Cricket.

Purton as keeper, taking two behind the stumps, hitting 25*, captaining the team, providing updates and asking people to pay match fees. Easily my on paper/What's App man of the match. He also opened with his future father-in-law and put himself at 3 - ah the joys of being in charge. The power has clearly gone to his head... and I love it, so an easy choice. Much obliged, Toby.

Holmes threw the ball almost from Queens to Kings - which sounds mega. He also dropped a lot of catching opportunities I am reliably informed. He also has at least one fine leg.

There was some sort of fielder/keeper clash where the "smaller lad had both feet off the ground for a good second". 

Mailes shouted yes every time he hit the ball. Cooper did the opposite, calling a single and not running.

There were a lot of Old Monks there.

That is everything I can extract from What'sApp.....


No comments:

Post a Comment