Hello Jags and our faithful fan base.
I'm hoping you are excited about another cricket season in prospect. This is largely an information post for the team - to highlight what's occurring this season.
Fixture List
Despite COVID we have the infancy of a season schedule pulled together with some details TBD at this stage. We're missing a few grounds, and have a few fallow weeks, but may be able to pad them out depending on David Cameron's latest lobbying efforts on our behalf.
This will change, so please check the What's App group for the latest - and be mindful of the fact that, yes, we still are in the middle of a global pandemic, so everything is completely up in the air.
|
W/C |
Date |
Opposition |
Ground |
|
17th May |
Thursday 20th May |
AVEVA |
Downing (Away) |
|
24th May |
Tuesday 25th May |
The Leys |
Latham Road (Away) |
|
31st May |
Tuesday 1st June |
Histon |
Histon (Away) |
|
7th June |
|
|
|
|
14th June |
Monday 14th June |
Sharks |
Queens (Away) |
|
21st June |
Thursday 24th June |
Dobblers |
Queens (Home) |
|
28th June |
Wednesday 30th June |
Deloitte |
Queens (Home) |
|
5th July |
Thursday 8th July |
Bidwells |
Kings and Selwyn (Home) |
|
12th July |
Thursday 15th July |
Ensors |
Queens (Home) |
|
19th July |
Wednesday 21st July |
Mills and Reeve |
(Away) |
|
26th July |
|
|
|
|
2nd August |
Thursday 5th August |
AVEVA |
Queens (Home) |
|
9th August |
|
|
|
|
16th August |
Tuesday 17th August |
Sharks |
Kings and Selwyn (Home) |
Games should start at 6pm or 5:45 - please aim to be at the ground for 5:30.
Note the name of the ground - we are somewhat more nomadic this year than in previous years - I really don't want any of our good players turning up at the wrong ground.
Subs and Match Fees
Sadly owing to the evils of the corporate world and budget cuts due to the pandemic, we are self funded from here on in. I wanted to set out a few principles on this.
Match fees are £5 per appearance.
This year I would like to suggest a voluntary subscription, with an amount suggested at £20, for those who think they will play a few games. It helps us with balls, ground fees (one or two of which we have to cover entirely ourselves as we owe the opposition from previous years) and to cover the odd week where someone helps us out by playing for us when they wouldn't have otherwise. It helps keep this club viable.
I prefer cash on the night and will take a note - most of the ground fees are in cash in any event. If you want to pay electronically, just message me.
I'm going to keep some rudimentary accounts, so you know I am not funding my lavish lifestyle on the back of your hard earned subs. If we have any money left at the end of the season (and the chances of this extremely slim) then I will find a suitable way to re-distribute it for the good of the club... i.e. you might get a free beer at some point.
Availability
I think you all know this, but once you declare your availability, you are in - unless you get a personal message saying we have too many players and I'm terribly sorry, and please don't take it personally. We more or less operate on a first come first served basis, and most weeks we struggle to find that 11th player, so if you're available and have said you are, you are in.
If you have to change your availability, I need to know ASAP. Changing this on the day of the game is very much the opposite of nice.
Weather
I think you also all know this, but the game is on until I confirm it is off. Every year people send messages around at 3 in the afternoon on a match day telling me the clouds look a little dark and is the game definitely on.
It's on, until I tell you it's not on. I am not your personal meteorologist. It was pure bants to try and wind me up about the weather in 2013 - it is now old bants. Old bants has no place in this club.
Blog
http://jaguarscc.blogspot.com/
It's here, I'm going to maintain it, and it will have things on it. Our readership is neither vast nor diverse (it's basically about half a dozen people on the What's App group, and some random person from China), but it's something.
If you have any pictures, content, articles, thoughts or whatever - just share. The editorial bar is set quite low.
I will try and keep scores and match reports going every week.
Pub/Pre-Season/Post-Season
We like to go to the pub. It's not compulsory, but it's nice. This year, I genuinely have no idea what that will look like - so we may have to drink tinnies at the grounds or something - but I will try and book tables outside and things where that is possible.
Mailing List
We need more players - we get a good team out most of the time, but please for the love of goodness and everything that is semi-holy, if you know of someone who might be keen and can play - please add them to the What's App Group.
COVID
This year I need to do risk assessments and we all need to abide by on day protocols. These are fairly simple - hand sanitiser, keep distance where possible, no inappropriate snogging etc. I will share them in detail, but they are non-negotiable.
Let the Games Begin
No comments:
Post a Comment